Happy Saint Patrick’s Day! While people may be out celebrating with pints of green coloured beer, I’m celebrating with something a bit healthier. This Magic Green Sauce is healthy and 100% vegan– and it’s truly magical! So never mind that imaginary pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. This Magic Green Sauce is for real and anyone can enjoy it on just about anything!
Creamy, fresh and a tad spicy- this Magic Green Sauce is great on anything!
The Magical Ingredient(s)
The magical ingredient in this Magic Green Sauce is…avocado! Everyone goes head-over-heels for this delectable fruit because it is so creamy. I use that to my advantage in this Magic Green Sauce to make the sauce super smooth. The avocado is also relatively neutral in flavour, so it can hold up to all the flavour that some key herbs are packing.
I use the dynamic duo of parsley and cilantro to bring tons of flavour and vibrant green colour to this sauce. A little bit of jalapeño and garlic adds a nice unexpected hit of spice as well and keeps me coming back for more and more.
Excuse me while I drool all over my keyboard…
It Couldn’t Be Easier…
The process for making this Magic Green Sauce is incredibly easy. Just toss everything into a food processor and blend until it is smooth. How simple is that?!
In terms of what to use this sauce with, the options are endless! Add a scoop of this sauce onto scrambled eggs. Use it as a salad dressing. Marinate chicken in it. Lick it off a shoe. Literally, it’s that good 😛 But what I am saying is that the possibilities are endless– it goes great with anything!
I particularly like this Magic Green Sauce as a spread on a veggie sandwich. I use Portofino Bakery’s Multigrain Loaf, microgreens from Christina’s Garden on Mayne, some fresh spinach, cucumber, more avocado, and havarti cheese to make the most delicious veggie sandwich ever!
This vegetarian sandwich is also in the Saint Patrick’s Day spirit!
Get the Recipe!
Magic Green Sauce
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 cup parsley leaves
- 3/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 jalapeño pepper roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice freshly squeezed
- 1 avocado roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup water
- Place the salt, pepper, garlic, parsley, cilantro and jalapeño into a food processor. Pulse until all the ingredients are finely chopped. Add the olive oil, lime juice, avocado and water and blend until smooth. You may need to add more water depending on how loose you like you sauce.
- Pour the sauce into a serving dish, cover and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavours to come together. Once chilled, serve and enjoy!