Spring has officially sprung! Now that we have made it through winter and there are nothing but warmer days ahead, there are so many fun activities…and fresh new foods to look forward to!
To kick off the spring, I am featuring a recipe with the quintessential veggie of season: the radish. Radishes are incredibly refreshing and light. They are a great alternative to heavy winter veggies that we have been eating for the past 6 months or so. I particularly enjoy the crunchiness and peppery taste of radishes. Plus, radishes come in so many varieties and colours that they are just beautiful to look at!
In this recipe for Radishes with Lemon Vinaigrette, traditional red radishes are thinly sliced and are combined with creamy white beans, chopped dill, and parsley. Everything is tossed together in a beautiful refreshing lemon vinaigrette. This salad gets better over time, but don’t let it sit too long or else the radishes will get mushy… I say 1-2 days tops. But it won’t last that long anyways…it’s that good!
Get the Recipe!
Radish Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
- 3 bunches red radishes or about 16 medium radishes
- 1 16 oz. can white beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup dill chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Combine the radishes and white beans in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the lemon juice, dill, parsley, salt and pepper. Mix these ingredients to combine, then pour over the radish and bean mixture. Toss everything to coat and chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour to allow the flavours to combine.
- Serve cold or at room temperature and enjoy!