My Baked Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings are spicy, salty and tangy! These chicken wings are baked (instead of fried!) and are still super crispy and flavorful!
Read on down below to see how I make my easy recipe for ￼Baked Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings!
The Simplest Recipe Ever
These Baked Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings come together in under one hour and will have all your friends and family raving! Plus, you will also be raving at how quick and easy these are to make… And you can make them any night of the week!
A simple combination of black peppercorns, salt, and lemon zest bring a lot of familiar flavours to these chicken wings. I go the extra step to use whole black peppercorns and grind them up myself because they hold a lot more flavour than pre-ground pepper. It’s just a simple step but it makes such a big difference!￼￼
The Secret to Crispy Baked Wings
To get a nice golden crust on these chicken wings, I like to use a few simple tricks:
- ￼￼Bake the chicken wings on a elevated oven safe wire rack to allow the air to circulate all around the wing and get it nice and crispy on all sides
- ￼￼ Cook the chicken wings skin side up. This will allow the fat to render out and baste the chicken wing as it cooks
- At the end of cooking, broil the chicken wings under the broiler for 1 to 2 minutes, until they are nice and golden brown and crisp
Follow the simple steps and you will have the best ￼Baked Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings!
I hope you enjoy the recipe!￼
Get the Recipe!￼￼
Baked Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings
- 2 tablespoons black peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/2 lemon sliced in wedges
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley finely chopped
- Begin by making the salt and pepper mixture. Add the peppercorns to a mortar and bash them with a pestle to break them up. Once broken up, add the salt and grind them together until the mixture begins to become powdery, but there are some larger chucks of peppercorn still left. Set aside for now.
- Add the chicken wings to a large bowl. Add 1 tablespoon of avocado oil and half of the salt and pepper mixture. Mix until combined and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set a oven-safe wire rack on top. Brush the remaining 1 tablespoon of avocado oil on to the wire rack so that the chicken wings don't stick while baking.
- Add the chicken wings to the wire rack, skin side up. Bake in the center of the oven for 35 minutes.
- After 35 minutes, move the chicken wings up under the oven broiler and broil for 1-2 minutes, or until the skin gets really crisp and turns golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool for one minute.
- Transfer the warm chicken wings to a large bowl. Add the lemon zest and remaining salt and pepper mixture and toss to combine.
- Place the chicken wings on a serving plate and garnish with lemon wedges and chopped parsley. Enjoy!