I know I say that all of my recipes are show stoppers…but this is for real this time!
My Fried Feta & Sesame Triangles are a gorgeous appetizer to serve this holiday season. The inside of these triangles are full of soft and gooey feta cheese and the exterior is covered in sesame seeds that are super crunchy. A drizzle of honey adds a nice sweetness to this recipe and really compliments the cheese perfectly.
Not only is this recipe for my Fried Feta & Sesame Triangles super easy, it also gluten-free, making it perfect for the holiday season!
Simply swapping all-purpose flour for cornstarch is one of the easiest ways to make any recipe with breading gluten-free. Cornstarch is a staple kitchen ingredient that is great for things like thickening sauce, for making pastry cream or pudding, and for breading many foods. You likely have this on hand right now, so you can easily start to use it in different ways, including frying!
Cornstarch has a very fine texture and does a great job sticking to food. When it is fried, it yields a crispy texture that is irresistible!
When combined with an egg coating and the black and white sesame seeds, it creates a substantial breading that packs a real…crunch!
I hope that you enjoy this recipe for Fried Feta & Sesame Triangles this holiday season! Enjoy! 🧀🍯
Get the Recipe!
Fried Feta & Sesame Triangles
- 10 oz. feta cheese drained, in brick form
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large egg beaten
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup white sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup black sesame seeds
- 1 cup olive oil for frying
- 1/3 cup wildflower honey
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley chopped, for garnish
- Prepare the feta cheese by slicing the brick of feta in half through the middle to create two large flat rectangular pieces of cheese. The feta should be 2 cm thick. Then cut the rectangles of feta in half to create squares. Slice the squares diagonally to create triangles. In total, create 8 triangles of feta.
- Mix the cornstarch with the cayenne pepper and black pepper in a small bowl until combined. Set aside.
- Beat the egg and water together in a small bowl until combined. Set aside.
- Mix the white and black sesame seeds in a small bowl and set aside.=
- Bread the feta cheese by dipping the cheese into the cornstarch mixture, then the egg, then the sesame seeds. Ensure that all sides are throughly coated in all of the ingredients to create a crust. Set the breaded feta cheese onto a large plate and continue the process until all the feta has been breaded.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil to the pan and let the oil slowly heat up.
- Fry the feta cheese in the oil for 2 minutes per side, or until golden brown. Flip the cheese and repeat for all sides (including the edges). The cooking process should take between 8-10 minutes total.
- Once cooked, remove the fried feta from the pan and drain on a paper towel. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- To serve, arrange the Fried Feta & Sesame Triangles on a platter and drizzle with honey. Sprinkle the parsley over for garnish as serve immediately. Enjoy!
- You can also bake the Fried Feta & Sesame Triangles instead of frying them. Simply place the breaded feta on a parchment-lined baking tray and drizzle both sides with olive oil. Bake for 25-30 minutes, flipping the feta halfway through to ensure even browning.