One of my favourite *adult* beverages of the holiday season has to be my Traditional Mulled Wine. Just a bottle of wine, an orange, and a few key spices will be sure to put you in the festive spirit!
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 bottle dry red wine
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 star ainse, whole
- 4 cardamom pods, whole but lightly crushed
- 1, 1-inch cube of fresh ginger
- 1 orange, sliced
- 3 drops doTERRA Clove Bud oil, or 3 whole cloves
- 2-3 tablespoons white sugar, to taste
- 2 shots Triple Sec, or any orange flavoured liqueur
Add all the ingredients into a large pot and heat gently over medium heat until hot. Do not let the wine boil as the alcohol will burn off.
Pour into glasses and garnish with an orange slice or cinnamon stick. Enjoy!