If you love Mexican food just as much as I do, you know that your meal cannot be complete without guacamole. Add it to burritos, tacos, nachos, anything and I’m there- heck, I will even eat it straight out of the bowl with a spoon. I’ve had some really good guacamole in my day and have tried many different versions and combinations of ingredients to achieve the perfect balance of flavour (with mostly delicious results). Today, I am proud to say that I have mastered this classic Mexican recipe and that this is the best guacamole that you will ever make. Try it out at your next Mexican fiesta or summer party!
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 0 minutes | Total Time: 10 minutes
- 2 ripe Hass avocados
- 1/4 cup seeded and chopped tomato
- 3 tbsp. finely chopped red onion
- 1-2 tbsp. finely chopped jalapeno (depending on how spicy you like it)
- 2 tbsp. chopped cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced (roughly 3-4 tbsp)
- 1 tsp. salt
- Halve and pit the two ripe Hass avocados and add to a mortar and pestle or a mixing bowl.
- Gently mash up the avocado with your pestle (or a fork). Do not mash it until it is completely smooth (smooth guacamole is a bit suspicious).
- Next, add the chopped tomato, jalapeno, onion, cilantro, salt and lime juice and mix it all together until well combined.
- Scoop into a serving bowl and serve with tortilla chips.
1. It is important to use ripe avocados here so that you get a smooth and creamy texture.
2. If preparing ahead, smooth out the top of the guacamole and squirt with lime juice. Cover the guacamole directly with saran wrap and store in the fridge. This is also applicable to leftovers (if such an unfortunate event ever occurs).
3. You can also make a trio of Mexican dips including Perfect Guacamole, Pico de Gallo and Mexican black bean dip for more variety and fun at your next fiesta!