For the 9th day of Christmas, my true love gave to me, a gluten-free cookie recipe!
Welcome back to the 12 Days of Christmas! If you are looking for an easy, gluten-free cookie recipe this holiday season, look no further than this recipe for Coconut Macaroons. These Coconut Macaroons get a festive update as they are shaped like little Christmas trees. With a light dusting of icing sugar, these beautiful cookies make a gorgeous and edible winter arrangement!
Get the Recipe!
Coconut Macaroon Christmas Trees
- 3 egg whites beaten
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking tray with a sheet of parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg whites and sugar together until the eggs have become foamy and the sugar has dissolved. This should take 2-3 minutes to do by hand. Add the vanilla and salt and mix to combine.
- Next add the coconut to the bowl and mix until everything is fully incorporated. The mixture will feel wet, but that is OK.
- Use your hands to shape the macaroons into small cones. You want to really pack the coconut mixture together as tight as possible so that the macaroon does not fall apart. Alternatively, if you don't want them shaped like cones, use a small ice cream scoop or tablespoon to scoop out balls that are about 1 1/2 in diameter. Place the macaroons on the baking tray about an inch apart.
- Bake the macaroons in the center of the oven for 15-20 minutes or until they have become golden brown. Once baked, remove them from the oven and let them cool slightly before dusting with icing sugar and serving.