If you have ever had a basil pesto before, you will adore this recipe for Chimichurri. This Argentinian sauce combines cilantro, parsley, oregano, garlic and a few other ingredients to make a fresh and bright sauce that livens up any dish. Try this on grilled meats, veggies, fish or just have it with fresh bread.
Servings: 1 cup
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 0 minutes | Total Time: 10 minutes
- 2 cups fresh Italian parsley leaves, loosely packed
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves, loosely packed
- 1/2 cup fresh oregano leaves, loosely packed
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried red chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
Add all the ingredients except for the olive oil into a food processor. Pulse until the herbs and garlic are finely chopped and scrape down the sides of the food processor if needed.
Once the mixture is finely chopped, add the olive oil through the top spout of the food processor while pulsing the mixture to combine.
Serve with steak, grilled veggies, or fish! You can store this sauce in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to three days.