Ginger Molasses Cookies
Ginger Molasses cookies are the perfect cookie for the fall and winter months. They're soft, chewy, spicy and sweet and go great with a cup of milk or tea.
- ¾ cup salted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup dark brown sugar lightly packed
- ¼ cup fancy molasses
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground clove or 2-3 drops DoTERRA Clove Bud essential oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger grated
- ½ cup crystallized ginger minced
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- ½ cup white sugar for rolling
In a large bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar until smooth. Add the molasses, egg, fresh ginger and crystallized ginger and mix to combine. Add the clove essential oil here if you are using it, if not, ass the ground clove in the next step.
In a separate bowl, sift the flour, baking soda, ground clove, ground ginger, and salt. Stir the flour mixture into the butter mixture until it is well combined. Wrap the dough and refrigerate for 1 hour until it is firm.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Shape the dough into 1-inch balls and roll the cookies in the white sugar to coat. Place the cookies on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the cookies are golden brown on the bottom. Enjoy!