Asian Pear & Raddichio Crostini
This crostini recipe is quick and easy and is perfect for when unexpected guests drop by! I use locally made French Baguette from Portofino Bakery is this recipe to host all of my other ingredients!
- 1 French Baguette mine is from Portofino Bakery
- 4 tablespoons olive oil plus more for drizzling
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 container of Herb Boursin Cheese
- 1 cup radicchio leaves torn into 3-4 inch pieces
- 1 Asian pear thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Italian parsley finely chopped
Preheat the broiler to 500 degrees F. Use a serrated knife to slice 1-inch thick pieces of baguette. Slice the bread on a slight angle to get more surface area for the toppings and so that it looks prettier.
Place the baguette slices on a parchment-lined baking tray. Use a pastry brush to brush both sides of the bread with olive oil. Sprinkle the salt evenly over both sides of the bread as well. Toast the bread in the oven for 2-3 minutes per side or until it is golden brown and crisp.Remove the bread from the oven and let it cool completely.
Once cooled, spread 2 tablespoons of Boursin cheese over each slice and top with the radicchio leaves and sliced pear. Drizzle a bit more olive oil over the crostini and top with some parsley.
Serve immediately and enjoy!