Baked Lingcod with Chimichurri
My Baked Lingcod with Chimichurri is the perfect healthy recipe. Packed with protein and tons of fresh herb flavour, this recipe is delicious and can be made in under 30 minutes!
For the Chimichurri:
- 2 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh Italian parsley leaves loosely packed (about 1 bunch)
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves loosely packed (about 1/2 bunch)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano leaves loosely packed
- 1 tablespoon dried red chili flakes
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
For the Fish:
- 1 filet lingcod about 450 g
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground back pepper
- lemons sliced, for garnish
Add the garlic and salt to a mortar. Use the pestle to mix until a smooth paste forms.
Roughly chop the parsley and cilantro and add them to the mortar along with the apple cider vinegar, oregano, chili flakes and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Use the pestle to pulverize the herbs and mix everything together. Add more olive oil as needed until the full 1/2 cup has been used.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Place the lingcod fillet on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes, or until the fish is opaque white and is firm to the touch.
Remove the fish from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before topping with the chimichurri and a few fresh lemon slices. Enjoy!