Thanksgiving is not complete without some cranberry sauce. To add a nice modern twist I am adding in some orange zest and orange juice to create my Cranberry-Orange sauce. It may not be a surprising ingredient to add to a cranberry sauce but you can definitely taste the citrus in the recipe.
I also like to add a little splash of Triple Sec (orange liqueur) to my Cranberry-Orange sauce. This is totally optional but it adds another layer of flavour and it’ll really help get the party started!￼
Get the Recipe!
- 1 pound fresh (or frozen) cranberries (450 g)
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3 slices orange zest
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 star anise
- 1 oz. Triple Sec (or other orange liqueur) optional
- Add the cranberries to a small pot over high heat followed by the sugar, orange juice, orange zest, cinnamon stick and star anise. Bring to a boil then reduce the heat to low.
- Simmer for 20-30 minutes or until the cranberries have burst and the sauce has thickened.
- Remove from the heat and add the Triple Sec to the pot. Stir to combine then remove the cinnamon stick and star anise.
- Place in a serving bowl and serve warm. Enjoy!