Brussels Sprouts Salad with Maple Bacon
Sweet and smoky flavours come together in this perfect fall recipe for Brussels Sprouts Salad with Maple Bacon. Even if you are not a fan of brussels sprouts, I guarantee that you will love this salad!
- 1- pound fresh brussels sprouts
- 1/3 cup fresh red onion
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup fresh celery leaves
- 6 slices Red Barn Market’s Maple Bacon
- Begin by preparing the brussels sprouts. Remove the dry ends and any tough outer leaves of the brussels sprouts. Slice each brussels sprout in half lengthwise, then slice finely into thin strips. Place into a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Slice the red onion into thin strips and add it to the mixing bowl, then add the dried cranberries.
- Prepare the dressing by combining the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Pour the dressing over the brussels sprouts and red onion and mix to combine. Place the salad in the refrigerator and let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fry the Maple Bacon. Add the Maple Bacon to a frying pan over medium-high heat and cook for 3-4 minutes per side until fully cooked. Once cooked, remove from the pan and drain on a paper towel. Once cooled, cut the bacon into 1 to 2-centimeter long slices.
- Once the salad has been marinating for 30 minutes, remove it from the refrigerator and toss in the celery leaves and sliced the Maple Bacon. Mix to combine.
- Place the salad in a serving bowl and enjoy!
You can prepare this Brussels Sprouts Salad with Maple Bacon a day before Thanksgiving and keep it in the refrigerator as it will not get soggy. Just simply toss in the celery leaves and Maple Bacon right before serving and enjoy!