This Persian salad is light and refreshing. Made with fresh vegetables and herbs, this makes a great side dish to serve with any meal. The addition of lemony sumac really makes this salad authentic and even more delicious!
Servings: 6-8 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 0 minutes | Total Time: 15 minutes
- 5 large roma tomatoes, diced
- 6 Persian cucumbers, diced (or one large English cucumber, seeds removed)
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup shallots, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sumac (optional)
Chop up all the vegetables and herbs and add them to a large bowl.
Add the lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper and sumac.
Mix everything to combine and serve! Consume within 2 days.