Get your greens in with this light and refreshing Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad. Made with fresh parsley, mint, tomatoes, lemon, olive oil and quinoa, this salad comes together in mere minutes.
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1/2 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1 cup water
- 3 bunches Italian parsley, finely chopped (about 2.5 cups)
- 1 bunch mint, finely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 4 roma tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup lemon juice, fresh
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Rinse the quinoa in a colander under running water for one minute. Add the rinsed quinoa to a pot with 2 cups of water. Bring the contents to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to low and cook for 15 minutes. Once cooked, fluff the quinoa with a fork and set aside to cool completely.
Add the chopped parsley, mint, tomatoes, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper, and the cooked quinoa into a large mixing bowl and mix to combine.
Serve at room temperature or chilled from the fridge. Be sure to eat this within 2 days of making it.