Roasted Squash Trio with Orange Honey Butter
My Roasted Squash Trio with Orange Honey Butter is the best way to celebrate seasonal squash! I combine roasted butternut, acorn, and kabocha squash and toss it in a delicious sweet and savoury Orange Honey Butter. An extra flourish of a fresh pepita gremolata makes this recipe extra special!
For the Squash:
- 1 large butternut squash peeled and cut into 1-cm pieces
- 1 large acorn squash cut into 1-cm pieces
- 1 large kabocha squash cut into 1-cm pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
For the Orange Honey Butter:
- 1/3 cup butter at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
For the Pepita Gremolata:
- 1/4 cup pepitas lightly toasted, and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries whole
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Slice the squash and place them on two large baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Drizzle over the olive oil and the salt and pepper. Toss to coat then place in the oven to roast for 1 hour, or until golden brown and softened.
- While the squash is roasting, make the Orange Honey Butter by combining the butter, honey and orange zest. Mix to combine and set aside.
- Make the gremolata by combining the chopped roasted pepitas, cranberries and parsley. Toss to combine and set aside.
- Once the squash is roasted and tender, combine the squash on one baking tray (or in a baking dish). Top with the Orange Honey Butter and toss to combine. Arrange on a platter and top with the Pepita Gremolata and serve. Enjoy!