Chorizo Queso Fundido
This Chorizo Queso Fundido is the ultimate summer party appetizer! Loads of cheese melted with chorizo sausage and jalapeno peppers makes this dip creamy and spicy!
- 1 package Grimms Chorizo Sausage removed from casing
- 2 poblano peppers whole
- ½ cup cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 whole jalapeno diced
- 1 ½ cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 ½ cups Monterey jack cheese shredded
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- Nacho chips for serving
- Preheat your barbeque to 400 degrees F. Once hot, add the two poblano peppers to the grill and char on each side until blackened, about 10 minutes.
- Once the peppers are charred, remove them from the grill, place in a bowl, and cover withplastic wrap. Let the peppers rest for 10 minutes to make the skins easier to peel.
- While the peppers are resting, place a cast-iron pan on the grill, and close the lid of the barbeque to let the pan heat up. After 5 minutes, add the chorizo sausage to the cast-iron pan, close the lid, and fry for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While the sausage is frying, peel the skin from the poblano peppers. Once the blackened skin and seeds are removed from the peppers, chop into 1-centimeter pieces.
- Add the poblano pepper pieces, cream cheese and jalapeno to the pan with the chorizo and stir until the cream cheese is melted.
- Next, add 1 cup of cheddar cheese, 1 cup of Monterey jack cheese, and 1 cup of mozzarella cheese to the pan and stir to combine. Top the pan with the remaining ½ cup of cheddar cheese and ½ cup Monterey jack cheese.
- Turn the barbeque off, close the lid and let the cheese melt for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, the cheese should be fully melted. Remove the cast-iron pan from the grill and serve immediately with nacho chips while the cheese is still bubbling.
- Use a high-temperature silicone spatula or wooden spoon to stir the Chorizo Queso Fundido while it is cooking on the barbeque.
- To reheat the Chorizo Queso Fundido, you can place it back on a warm barbeque, or broil in the oven for a few minutes.