Fresh, light and full of flavour, these Lemon & Herb Salmon Burgers are perfect for spring! The flavour of these burgers are enhanced with a few drops of lemon essential oil and tons of fresh dill, parsley and chili flakes!
Servings: 8 burgers
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 1 hour 25 minutes
- 1 pound fresh pink salmon fillet, skin and bones removed
- ¼ cup red onion, finely diced
- ¼ cup flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers, finely chopped
- 4-5 drops doTERRA Lemon Essential Oil
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ – ¾ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, for frying
Finely chop the salmon fillet into small pieces, almost to the consistency of ground meat. Add it to a large bowl with the red onion, parsley, dill, capers, doTERRA Lemon essential oil, chili flakes, salt and pepper. Mix to combine. Add the panko breadcrumbs and mix to combine. The mixture should hold together lightly. If it is too crumbly, add some more breadcrumbs.
Divide the mixture evenly and shape into rounds about 2 centimeters thick. Gently press the rounds together so that the mixture holds together. Place the rounds on a lightly oiled plate and repeat the process for the remaining mixture. Refrigerate for at least one hour to let the burgers set.
Heat a frying pan over medium high heat and add the vegetable oil. Place the cold salmon burgers into the pan and fry for 3-4 minutes. Flip and continue to cook for another 3-4 minutes or until golden brown and there is no bright pink colour left. Serve warm or at room temperature. Enjoy!