Corn Cheese Fritters
These Corn Cheese Fritters were inspired by the Corn Cheese dish that you can get at Korean restaurants. These are creamy, cheesy, sweet and spicy!
- 4 ears fresh corn cooked and cut off the cob (or 2 cups frozen or canned corn kernels)
- 2 scallions finely sliced, divided in half
- 1/4 cup yellow onion finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons Japanese mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter
- In a medium bowl, combine the corn kernels, 1 chopped scallion (reserve the other scallion for garnish), onion, Japanese mayonnaise, salt, pepper, egg, and mozzarella. Mix well to combine. Next, add the flour and mix again to combine. The batter should be thick and hold together. If not, add some extra flour, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Work in batches to cook the fritters. Add 1 tablespoon of butter to the pan and then scoop in 1/4 cup of the corn mixture per fritter, making sure that they are evenly spaced and have a enough room to be flipped in the pan. For a 30-cm pan, I can comfortably fit 4 fritters per batch.
- Reduce the heat to medium and cook the fritters from 4-5 minutes per side, flipping once the first side has become golden brown. Once the fritters are cooked on both sides, remove the fritters from the pan and continue the process with the rest of the corn mixture.
- Once all the fritters are cooked, serve immediately with a garnish of chopped scallions. Enjoy!