Apple Cider & Honey Pork Chops
These Apple Cider & Honey Pork Chops are the perfect way to celebrate the fall season. Juicy pork chops are cooked with fresh apples, apple cider, and onions to create a delicious jammy sauce that goes perfectly with the pork.
- 2 thick-cut pork chops bone in
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 Honeycrisp apples cut into 3-cm cubes
- 1 onion cut into 3-cm cubes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ cup apple cider
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons honey
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Season each side of the pork chops with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Heat a cast-iron pan over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the olive oil and the seasoned pork chops. Fry the pork chops on high heat for 3-4 minutes per side until they are golden brown. Make sure to sear the sides of the pork chops as well. Once browned, remove the pork chops from the pan and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the onions, apples, butter, cayenne pepper, and bay leaf. Sauté for 5-6 minutes, stirring often, or until the onions have started to turn translucent and the apples have begun to soften.
- Next, add the apple cider, apple cider vinegar, and 2 tablespoons of honey. Cook for 2 minutes before adding the pork chops back to the pan. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the pork chops reaches 145 degrees F.
- Remove the pork chops from the oven drizzle the remaining 2 tablespoons of honey on top. Let the pork chops stand for 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!