Crockpot Apple Cider Glazed Meatballs
Crockpot meatballs aren't just for the Christmas season, you can serve them for Thanksgiving and fall get togethers too! My Crockpot Apple Cider Glazed Meatballs have amazing autumnal flavours thanks to apple jelly, apple cider, cinnamon, and star anise. You can make your own homemade meatballs for this recipe, or use your favourite store-bought brand to make preparing this recipe easier!
- 500 mL apple jelly
- 1/2 cup apple cider no sugar added
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 cinnamon stick whole
- 1/4 star anise pod
- 1 1/2 pounds frozen cocktail meatballs store-bought or homemade
- Begin by making the glaze. Combine the apple jelly, apple cider, maple syrup, cinnamon stick and 1/4 star anise pod in a small pot. Heat over medium-high heat until it reaches a rolling boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium and cook the glaze for 20-25 minutes, or until the glaze has reduced almost by half, stirring occasionally.
- Place the meatballs inside the crockpot and set it to high to cook.
- Once the glaze has reduced, carefully pour it over the frozen meatballs and toss to coat. Be careful as it is super sugary and hot– you don't want to burn yourself.
- Cover the crockpot and set it to cook on high for 2 hours to let the meatballs to warm through and get coated in the glaze.
- Serve warm from the crockpot or a serving bowl and enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!