I cannot tell you how many potlucks and parties I have been to where hummus is always the dip of choice. Don’t get me wrong- hummus is great- but we need to switch it up here, people! This Mexican black bean dip is a flavourful twist on the ordinary and can be easily whipped up using ingredients that are likely to already be in your pantry. Serve this black bean dip at your next party or bring it to your next potluck and just watch it disappear!
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 0 minutes | Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large clove of garlic
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced (roughly 3-4 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons water
In the bowl of a food processor, add the black beans, garlic, jalapeno, cumin, cilantro, lime juice, water and salt.
Pulse the mixture in the food processor at first and then blend until smooth. If the dip is too thick, thin it out with more lime juice or water.
Taste to adjust the seasoning and transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with a fresh sprig of cilantro. Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!
- You can also serve this dip warm! Simply heat it in the microwave (high for 60 seconds) or on the stove top (constantly stirring on medium-high heat until warm).
- This a great make-ahead dip that improves its flavour as it sits. Make the dip the day before and store in the refrigerator covered with plastic wrap until read to serve.
- You can serve this dip as a trio with Pico De Gallo and Perfect Guacamole!