This recipe for Citrus Marinated Olives is the solution if you are looking for a quick and easy holiday appetizer for your celebrations. Simply combine all the ingredients and let the flavours marinade for as long as you like!
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 0 minutes | Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup Castelvetrano olives
- 6 slices orange rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves, whole
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 4-6 dried chilis, whole
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 – 1 1/2 cups extra virgin olive oil (or enough to cover the olives)
In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients and toss to fully coat. Fill a jar/container with the olives and then top off with olive oil, making sure that the olives are fully submerged in the oil. Place in the refrigerator to marinate for at least 24 hours, or up to 2 weeks. The longer the olives sit in the marinade, the more flavourful they will be!
Keep the marinade to drizzle over pasta or pizza! It’s like gold!